Some like it hot! And this cheesecake won’t disappoint. Our Habanero Sauce adds the heat and saves you the time of preparing the habaneros.
Habanero Cheesecake with Cherry Chocolate Swirl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1- 7 ounce package biscotti
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 – 8 ounce bars cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons Habanero Sauce)
- Cherry Chocolate Jam
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place Cantuccini in food processor bowl, blend until cookies are ground finely. Add melted butter, and pulse to moisten. Transfer to 9-inch springform pan. Using fingers, press crumbs firmly and evenly into the bottom to create crust. Place in preheated oven and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Wipe out bowl and blade of food processor. Add cream cheese, sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth. While the motor is running, add eggs, then sour cream, then lemon juice and zest and finally Habanero Sauce. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Pour filling onto crust. Drop Cherry Chocolate Jam by teaspoon full on the filling. Using a skewer, swirl the jam into the filling until decorate swirls are formed. Being careful not too over-swirl.
- Bake just until set, 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake sit 1 hour in oven, without opening.